Unlimited Cake!


1500 yen can get you unlimited cake and drinks at this restaurant near Shijo- the wait staff is slow, and smoking is allowed, but the cakes are amazing! On the left is their molten lava chocolate cake- Yum!

The other night, I was invited to go out for all you can eat cake by my Finnish friend Jenni. Nicky and I went, excited by the prospect, though we weren’t expecting much.... the restaurant was actually quite classy, with mood-setting, dim light and low ceilings. For the price, roughly fifteen US dollars, the cakes were quite amazing! Here’s what I was able to get:

Slice 1: Molten Lava Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream (pictured above)

Slice 2: Fried Banana with Vanilla Ice Cream and a Chocolate Shell


“Slice” 3: Mango Parfait

                                

“Slice” 4: Creme Brule  with Japanese Squash



The cakes and desserts were really good, but the amount of smoking that is done inside the restaurant was a turn off. As well, I could have eaten more desserts, but the wait staff was so slow that this was all I was able to order in three hours of eating. All in all, though, for the price- this was great, and I hope to go back to try more of the menu!