Devastating 9.0 Earthquake Rocks Northern Japan


Though I am no where near the destruction, my heart goes out to all of the families who have lost loved ones in the last few days of this disaster. If you can, please donate to the Red Cross to help relief efforts. Thank you.

On March 11th, a devastating earthquake and tsunami rolled through Japan, killing thousands and displacing nearly half a million people from their homes. It was the fifth strongest earthquake in the world since 1900.

I didn’t hear about the earthquake, or even know about it, until a barrage of emails hit my inbox, starting with my sister, and then my parents. I assured them of my health, and am sorry that I have been late in assuring my readers of the same. It has been a very, very busy time. Please know that everyone in the Kansai region of Japan is safe and healthy. We are far enough away that only one 3.0 aftershock was felt; life has continued as usual in Kansai.

As updates become available I will try to post them here. However, as my inbox is full of close friends and family requesting the status of everything, it may take me a while to update here. My apologies.